Building Grants are awarded to Unitarian congregations towards costs of professional ‘enabling’ fees, repairs, refurbishment or restoration. Applications are considered on a rolling basis when the need for support becomes necessary.
- All applications must be made on the official form.
- Applications will then be circulated to the Trust’s Buildings Committee who will make a decision in principle on whether to award a grant. The Secretary will then notify the applicant accordingly.
- The exact amount of any grant will then be decided at the next meeting of all the Trustees. (These meetings take place biannually in June and November).
- The Secretary will advise the applicant of the outcome of the application as soon as possible after the meeting of the Trustees. If you have not heard by either the middle of July (after consideration at the June meeting), or the middle of December (after consideration at the November meeting), please email the Secretary.
- Grants will be paid by bank transfer on receipt by email of satisfactory evidence that the work has been carried out including:
- contractors’ invoices
- appropriate photographic evidence
- bank details (Bank name, sort code, account name, account number)
- The Secretary will write to applicants when a payment is being made.
If you are expecting a grant payment, please allow up to three weeks for it to be processed before contacting the Secretary.